Monday, August 14, 2006

Photography Choice 'A' vs. Roadies

Well, it turns out that the son portion of the father/son dynamic duo wasn't as hungry as I thought. At the end of the day, appearances mean what anyway? If appearances for behind the scenes talent meant anything, metal bands would be fucked, because roadies, in my opinion, aren't the best looking dudes out there. They are, however, pretty rad dudes. I don't think I could ever crawl around the elaborate stage setting of a Whitesnake Reunion Tour with a Les Paul in one hand and a Jack & Coke in the other. And photography choice 'A' shares the most important quality of great roadie: an eagerness to please no matter what the circumstances. This quality comes at a cost, however, as with all things wedding, and professional photography is another one of those things that makes me want to don a linen suit, a pair of Hay Soose leather sandals, leave the stubble attached to my face, and exhale "I Do" into a salty breeze.

No comments: